Monday, November 19, 2007

44. mins. Phone Call with Mentor November 16, 2007

My Mentor and I talk on the phone this evening and we had a very interesting conversation on our cutural differences and how we are connected as Mentor and Mentee. He asked me how I was doing and how my life was going and I responded by saying that I was stressed ( which I still am) and how I'm trying to concentrate on finishing school especially my Senior Project. He told me that his students are enjoying reading time, which I thought was really good.

When I think about our cultrual differences are different and the same. We are both parents and enjoy music in general and also enjoy playing it. Our diffenreces are that he is an succesful musican, has a great career as teacher, and he's married. Me on the other hand I'm a single parent, I'm still in High school and I'm still struggling to figure out if I want to become a probation Officer or a Teacher. Even though we are very different in many ways, we can still come together and have conversations that we can both relate to.

My Mentor has given me many thing so think about such as my future, my child and my musical talents, and how far I can actually go to succed. Even though my Mentor has put his put his musical career aside and concentrate on his family and teacher career he still involves his musical talents with his students and his family. This shows me that even though my child might not understand many things I can show her through the things that I love to do and teach her through things I love to do.

No comments: