Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Friday November 2, 2007 3:00pm- 5:30

Well today did not go as planed. We were suppose to meet up at my school because I had graduating test class, but there was no at the school. I knew that Mr. Mize was at his school teaching that they went on a field trip with thier students. I waled tothe bus stop and rode the bus to his school. I arrived unexpectly, but he seemed very happy and surprised to see me and so were the students.

As I sat there I had a conversation with his teacher assistant. Once they got finish reading the scary story it was time for the kids to go home and tell there mother what a good day they had at school and that on Hollween they get to bring thier costumes to school and go trick-a-treating around the school.

Mr. Mize and I walked to his car and we had small talk about his day and how the kids reacted to the pumpkin patch they went to for thier field trip. Mr. Mize loves coffee and he decided instead of him going all the way to his coffee shop we could just go to house so he could make his special coffee. We get to his house and I meet his wife and his son Vic. Mr. Mize showed me his home which was very beautiful. Not only did he show me his home but he showed me his own personal drum set, and he played it for me. We dicuss how you tune a drum. Even though I did research I never ran into tuning a drum. There is a special key that alows you to make the drum high or low. There are knobs around the drums that turn with the special key. We left from there but on way out of the house I spilt coffeee all over my shirt. Thank God I had a spare in my purse. After that accident and I got freshed up his wife was nice enough to wash my shirt for me. Then me and Mr. Mize was on our way to Nuci.

We got to Nuci and on the way we listen to 95.5 the beat to see if there were any beats that I could play. We went in and I showed him that I had practice. Now I'm practicing left hand on the snare, right hand on the tom and my right foot on the bass. The trick to his is for me to play the snare on the 2nd and 4th beat and play the bass on the 1st and 3rd beat while continuly playing the tom. I'm sure I will get it with my practice.

No comments: